Generation Of Graphics
They are used to create logos that can be expanded at will as well as in the technical design with programs of CAD type (Computer Aided Design), very popular to generate 3D scenes.
Document Description Languages
Vector graphics allow describing the appearance of a document regardless of the resolution of the output device. The most popular formats are PostScript and PDF. Unlike matrix images, you can view and print these documents without loss in any resolution.
Most current applications use text formed by vector images. The most common examples are TrueType, OpenType and PostScript.
In 3D video games, it is common to use vector graphics.
The vector graphics found on the World Wide Web are usually either open VML and SVG formats, or SWF in a proprietary format. The latter can be viewed with Adobe Flash Player
A key point of vector images is their practice set-up at the time of printing as it is possible to scale them and increase their definition in an unlimited way. For example, you can take the same vectorized logo, print it on a personal card and then enlarge it and print it on a fence, maintaining the same level of quality in both images. The most popular examples of document format that must be printed are PDF and PostScript.
Another application where vector graphics are important is the cutting plotter or vinyl cutting printer, since this, as its name suggests, cuts out areas of color designed by the user from a digital file. These figures are constructed from vectors that are interpreted by the plotter as the limit lines through which the blade that cuts the material must pass. Very widespread in the guild of the lettering, the decoration of either flat surfaces or vehicle bodies!
Vector Images Advantages
Depending on each particular case, vector images may require less storage space than a bitmap. Images formed by plain colors or simple gradients are more likely to be vectorized. The less information to create the image, the smaller the file size will be. Two images with different presentation dimensions, but with the same vector information will occupy the same storage space.
They do not lose quality when resized. In principle, you can scale a vector image in an unlimited way. In the case of matrix images, a point is reached where it is evident that the image is composed of pixels.
- Objects defined by vectors can be saved and modified in the future.
- Your files weigh less, making them easy to share and save.
- Its conversion from vector to raster image is easy.
- It has independent resolutions, allowing the designer to edit, scale or resize them without losing the quality of the vector image.
- Vector files that contain an ASCII format can be easily modified with text editing tools that can add, remove or change texts without distorting the quality of the image.
- They are easy to work with in detailed images, which can improve the sharpness of the resolution of an image.
- Once printed, the vector graphics look better, with more sharpness and precision.
- Its use is recommended in the creation of animations and presentations; It makes the presentation of the image more clear and precise.
Some Formats Allow Animation
This is done in a simple way by basic operations such as translation or rotation and does not require a large data collection since what is done is to relocate the coordinates of the vectors in new points within the x, y, and z-axes in the case of 3D images.
What Images Are Suitable For The Process Of Vectorization?
Not all raster images look good when converted to vector images, especially detailed photographs of people and animals. On the other hand, logos, cartoons, schemes and other images that are based on geometry are ideal for vectoring since they can be easily replicated with lines and shapes.
How Are Vector Images Used In The Real World?
- Graphic design: converting a rasterized graphics to a vector graphic makes it easier to modify the size without losing the quality of the image.
- Geography: At present, geographic systems scan aerial images and then vectorize them to create precise and detailed maps.
- Architecture: the drawings on paper are scanned and converted into vector images so that they can be manipulated and shared digitally.
With Which Software Programs Can The Images Be Vectorized?
Perhaps, the most popular graphics editing method with the vectorization functions is indeed the well-known Adobe Illustrator that actually has the great Live Trace feature, which could detect curves as well as create our vectors from them out there. Some Other options include (CPT) the popular Corel PowerTRACE that can be accessed through a Corel power draw) and Potrace (an open source program).
However, the best vectorization results are achieved manually. Graphic designers must express their creative minds and understand every strength and limitation to achieve success in this niche. You will have more control over the final graphic if you upload a rasterized graphics to a program such as Illustrator, trace each shape separately and then combine them as a new vector file.
Finally, the cutoutexpert offers great Raster to Vector Image Conversion as well as other editing solutions. We could take whatever artworks you might have available and then recreate it in a thoroughly clean, vectorized layout so it is prepared for so many different printing purposes. We provide you with affordable price and also quality image designing solutions